Monday, 14 September 2009

intro to account

Good afternoon all&everyone,
                                                      I've finally landed back in Italia, unpacked & found dozens of emails in my inbox. Then eventually located the blog (site)? What a great system for like minded people to keep in touch. There is no reason for anyone not to improve these days with the multifarious means of communication. Skype, mobiles, blogs, twitter  etc. And all free. What did Keats or Homer do?
  Many thanks to Andy for setting it up & so efficiently. I shall definitely contribute to both crits and postings when time allows. 
   I'm sure we are all very busy people, however, the week in Moniack was a special week for me, personal difficulties in Italy apart, and more than had I hoped for. All the course members, tutors, the place & setting. Well it's all been said. We all realised something special had occurred.
   Tho' I haven't seen the Tomte poem on the blog yet, good luck, Stuart, with the reading.
   Just so nobody feels jealous, it's pouring here& cool!! (Sorry if that spoils anyone's illusion of Italy).
  This was meant to be a quick test message as advised in setting up an 'account'. That's the downside of email etc. An hour can go by in a flash.
   Cheers, and a big thanks to everyone, Jim Armstrong.
   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jim, and welcome. Hope you're well in rainy northern Italy! I think we all felt the week was a special one, and I hope this blog can capture something of that adventurous spirit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim,

    Is it possible that Wales is warmer than Italy?

    ReplyDelete