Saturday, 26 September 2009

Greetings from Barry

Hello all,

This is great idea and apologies for the late entrance. It was a wonderful week, and a potential watershed, and I’d like to thank you all. After it I needed a couple of weeks just to reflect and be alone (so sorry for not replying to any early msn mails), and then work took over. My next couple of weeks are going to be work hectic – but after that I hope to take more part in this.

I have not read all the mails yet – just got on - but I did pick up on the Seamus Heaney in London, and just in case any one is interested I’ll include a couple of links – he is in Newcastle, but it seems tickets are now sold out: Sean is also giving a couple of readings (actually 5 between now and December) , and if anyone is going to one of these it would be great to meet up. I work in the Lit and Phil a couple of days a week, but somewhat ironically could not be there today to hear Seans first performance of a new work (which is probably going on now as I write this!). Links:

http://www.litandphil.org.uk/html_pages/LP_news.html

https://www.ecommercegateway.co.uk/ncl/onlinestore/shop/products.asp?func=prod&compid=2&deptid=20&prodtypeid=25

Hope these work - best of wishes to all,
Barry - now also a blogga...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Barry, I'm reading at Ncl Lit &Philin 30th September (next wednesday) ay 7.30, together with another poet, Lindsay Balderson. Be great to see you if you could come.

    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barry, nice to hear from you.

    I will be in touch soon regarding a bit of philosophy (unless that is too much of a busman's holiday?)

    A new work by Sean O'Brien - smashing.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed you Pru - hope it went well. They are friendly in there usually - and appreciate poetry - and the ones that might not are usually nodding in corners...

    Hi Brett, good to hear from you - great time of year to be out walking with the dogs etc. Happy to chat about philosophy and all.

    Barry.

    ReplyDelete