Any of you within jaunting distance of Henley... I thought I would let you know about the literary festival, first weekend in October.
http://www.henleyliteraryfestival.co.uk/
There are a few poetry events: Hugo Williams, Jane Draycott, Duncan Forbes etc. For some obscure reason a lot of the readings are on a river boat - either to make sure that very few people can attend or that, having boarded, nobody can escape.
I'm going to Joe Butler's poetry workshop on the Saturday morning at the River and Rowing Museum.
If anyone wants to come over, we are four miles outside Henley and we have two spare double bedrooms. We can rustle up a full English breakfast, and I can also point out the good pubs and cafes around the town.
The Henley Standard is running a competition and will print amatuers' reviews of festival events, I'm thinking of doing one in verse.
I read "The Second Coming of Christ in Henley on Thames" last Friday at the Reading Poets' Cafe. It went down well. Might not do so well in Henley itself.
Wednesday, 23 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Judi, if I lived within a gnat's crochet of Henley I'd be there. This is such a generous offer - I hope some maniac takes it up! Pru x
ReplyDeleteWow, great poets and breakfast too, what an offer! Sadly I'm away that weekend, but thank you for inviting us all.
ReplyDeleteGreat news that the reading went so well....