I've been meaning to 'blog' on here for a bit but it's been one of those weeks!
And I've not got much time to write now because I'm packing/cleaning up before flying out to Iceland tomorrow. Very exited, was nearly late for work yesterday from reading the Eddas in the bath.
Good stuff has been posted on here and I mean to comment on it all to you individually (assuming that that's what we will do?) when I get the chance. Thanks to all of you who have helped me with my stuff. My reading on Monday was a bit of a let down, but that's another story.
Thanks to Andy for doing this, thanks to all of you for keeping up the correspondence. Up till now I've always felt as though my poetry existed in a vacuum, inhabited only by myself and the long gone poets that come to life in my head when I read them. Now, all of a sudden this is all happening in the real world. It's great!
Take care
Stuart
Have a great time in Iceland - I was there last year and it's quite magical. There's nowhere else even remotely like it! If you can't be inspired to write something in Iceland then there's something wrong...
ReplyDeleteThis blog has taken off nicely - hopefully it will continue to be used for workshopping poems and supportive crits. Vive les Maniacs!
Hoping you will be inspired by some great Saga material. Lucky you, have a great trip.
ReplyDeleteJudi
Watch out for the hot geysers, Stu!
ReplyDeletePru
Hi Stu, have a great time, speak soon, and sure to bump into you here.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Brett
Yes, envy from me too - we've had that on our list of holidays we'd like for a long time.
ReplyDeleteHave a great and inspirational trip.
Chris