Boasting!
Hi Gang,
Can I share my excitement with you - just heard that, although I didn't win, I was shortlisted for the 2009 Bridport Prize! I was longlisted in 2007, so am getting nearer (maybe). Sorry if it sounds like a crow - I'm just so thrilled!
Pee
Friday, 16 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'd be thrilled too - that's quite an achievement. I've always thought of the Bridport of being out of reach - the standard is so high.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Pru!
Chris
Congratulations! What's your secret approach to competitions? I read something the other day that said that prizewinning poems have to be "startling"?
ReplyDeleteStill, if you had won it would have been a very long way to go to pick up your prize. Maybe next year, by the sound of it.
Thanks, Chris and Judi.
ReplyDeleteSecret is there is no secret! I know some people gear their poems to what they think the judge might like. I don't enter many competitions but when I do I tend just to chose whatever I think is/are my best poems. The I forget I've entered anything and usually that's the last I hear! Never won anything but have had a couple published in anthologies. Just have a go Judi!
Pru