And speaking of the poetry society, has anyone seen the current Poetry Review, and a section in it called "How a Group Becomes"? This is the introduction:
"The Hurst Group" - surely not the only one with that name - came into being after an exceptionally happy Advanced Poetry course at Arvon's John Osborne Centre in Shropshire in October 2008, with Mimi Khalvati. Here are poems by just a few of its members.
So here's to the Maniacs, and future success!
I thought the Hurst Group's poems were not as good as ours! And how annoying that there was a Janet Sutherland in that group who will get mixed up with me when...erm... I get published in "Poetry Review".. probably not an immediate concern!
ReplyDeleteNice that the knitted poem was Dylan's "In my craft and sullen art".
I posted one of my poems on my Facebook today, a funny one, so people didn't think it was too weird to have a friend who writes poetry. Sean was right that some people just cough nd walk away when one says one is a poet!
I like the idea of a big knitted poem!
ReplyDelete