Also, whilst on the subject of being stupid, I had no idea that you could leave 'comments' by people's Blog entries. I've just been reading the whole blog all over again, people have been leaving me messages and I had No idea. Anyway, thank you for them, I had a fantastic time in Iceland.
I was wondering how you all find the time to write as today has been the first time I've had chance in ages. I've not had chance to email people, or to read this blog, or anything of the sort since my holls. This (A) makes me feel bad because I'm not 'contributing to the group;' people have been really kind to me with their feedback etc. and I've not been returning the favour; and (B) Really frustrates me, because what I want to be doing is writing and that's something that I spend nearly all of my time not doing.
And then (C) If I do find time to write, I feel guilty because I think I should really be spending that time reading. I always feel that I should be spending at least 3 times as much time reading poetry as writing the stuff.
I'm really sorry about this rant! I must be clearing a blockage; my point is that today I've actually been free to write. I went to the local Library and Lo, it was revealed to me that it is national poetry day!
I heard two interesting American Poets (who came here to study), Meghan Purvis and Stephenie Leal, who were doing a reading there. They did a little discussion afterwards which was fun and I went home feeling good about things.
I'm reasonably convinced that other peoples lives are much more organized than mine! So I wondered how you all managed things. Also, I wondered if anyone else had a National Poetry Day experience to share?
Stu
Glad Iceland was good. Any Eddas in the Offing (or Offas in the Edding maybe)?
ReplyDeleteMy life is chaotic and I generally write when I should be working.