Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Hello all

Good to hear that things are moving on for you Stuart - I hope the same is true for the rest of you all! Nice to hear from you occasionally...

I've had a busy year, poetry-wise. My first collection was out in March (which I'm sure I must have said a million times - thanks to all who bought a copy). I even had a review of it in Northwords Now, which was once edited by our very own Rhoda 'the girl in red leather' Dunbar! Have a look here if you're interested...page 22 - and I have a few poems in there too. I also managed to get a poem published in Magma and had poems selected for both the Bards In The Bog project and the Bugged creative eavesdropping project which launches in October. Other bits and pieces published in Rising, Trespass and New Writing Dundee. Trying to pull together material for another collection - well, you never know! Also managed a short slot at the Edinburgh Fringe...lots of fun but ultimately I was a speck of dust in the vast garden of poetic talent at Edinburgh this year.

I am currently falling about with laughter imagining Alan B reading his 'Ludbrookes' from the new book - he and Sean are apparently teaming up for another Arvon next year - at The Hurst I think! That would be worth attending, don't you think?

Students back today here in Dundee - manic isn't the word! Bye all and do please keep in touch...

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment