You will enjoy your week with George I'm sure! he is a really nice guy and a great teacher. I too have looked at the courses this year, including the Sean/Alan one. but unfortunately can't afford it this time. Did you know that Sean has a new book out soon?
MA is fascinating stuff and I'm so glad I'm doing it part time as 2 years seems a much more sensible pace for poetry. Last Semester I had my workshop with George and this Semester I am looking at translation. It's all lorca, Hafez, Ghalib and Rumi for me!
Love you you all
Stuart
Thanks Stuart - and I am glad to hear the MA is doing well. I agree about the pace - but lack of time is my problem when it comes to poetry, so the occasional Arvon is all I'll manage for now. (That's one of the good things about poetry - being an antidote to the modern ethos of the faster and more frenetic the better.) I too have heard good things from people who have met George, and yes - I heard about Sean's new collection, and will look forward to it.
ReplyDeleteAll the best for your future writing.