I'm ridiculously excited to be going on another Arvon course tomorrow - Colette Bryce and Matthew Hollis at the Hurst in Shropshire, with Ian McMillan is visiting poet!
However I am not expecting it to be as wonderful as the last one - the other participants may not be as fab as you lot were :-(
Sunday, 27 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would like to hear how it was, Judi. Hope I'll get on another one eventually - when I find I have both the time and the money simultaneously...
ReplyDeleteHow was it Judi? How was Colette?
ReplyDeleteAn awesome week - Colette Bryce and Matthew Hollis, Faber & Faber poetry editor, provided lots of help on the subject of how to "hone your poem into the perfect unit". We studied lots more of other people's work including Plath's "Ariel" as it evolved over several drafts. On Matthew's advice I tweaked one of my poems and sent it to Acumen - it has been accepted and will be out in September, so the course must have done me a lot of good.
ReplyDelete